1. First of all, MET GALA! Almost my favorite event of the year, except for the fact that I’m not invited :P I’ll start by showing some of the photos taken by Brandon Stanton (creator of Humans of New York) and the witty quotes he always manages to dig out:
“What’s your favorite thing about your father?”
“His sense of humor.”
“Can you tell me the time you most appreciated his sense of humor?”
“My cousin died a couple years ago, and it was very tough for the entire family. A bunch of cars were following us in the funeral procession, and my dad led everyone around a cul-de-sac three times.”
“One time we were driving through Italy, and we were listening to a radio station that played nothing but melodramatic Italian love songs. So we started inventing translations. The stories we made up kept getting more and more ridiculous, until soon we were both in tears.”
“What’s your favorite thing about her?”
“She still gets giddy when she sees a firefly.”
2. more MET GALA!!! Here are some instagrams of/before the night:
Reese Witherspoon, Kate Bowsworth, Stella McCartney, and the omnipresent Cara Delevingne (you’ll know later)
Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss
Yeezus and Sheezus (Kanye West and Lily Allen)
Nicole Richie and Cara (!)
3. MORE MORE MET GALA!! Now, onto red carpet photos…
Joan Small (those purple lips! maybe only she can pull them off…)
On a similar note, Rachel McAdams
Anna Wintour in Chanel
Liu Wen in Zac Posen (imagine walking in that dress!!)
CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT HOW CUTE Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield are together???
Allison Williams with some dazzling jewels
Hailee Steinfield in Parabal Gurung (another one of my favorite designers)
Nicole Richie (THAT purple hair, remember Joan Smalls’ purple lips?)
Suki Waterhouse in Burberry
CAN WE ALSO PLEASE TALK ABOUT HOW CUTE neil patrick harris and his fiancé are??? Just look at those matching suits <3
4. now onto some other images of the week… love this skirt!
5. check out these sick shoes :)
6. a pearl-studded dress.. isn’t that what everyone wants??
7. nice blue, mary-kate!